Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday - Jesus is Risen...Alleuluia


From the Diary of St. Faustina Kowalska

1668 The Resurrection. Before the Mass of the Resurrection, I felt so weak that I lost all hope of participating in the procession which takes place in the church; and I said to the Lord,
"Jesus, if my prayers are pleasing to You, give me the strength for this moment that I may
take part in the procession." At that same instant, I felt strong and certain that I could go along with the sisters in the procession.

1669 When the procession began, I saw Jesus in a brightness greater than the light of the sun.  Jesus looked at me with love and said, Heart of My Heart, be filled with joy. At that moment my spirit was drowned in Him... When I came to myself, I was walking along in the procession with the sisters, while my soul was totally immersed in Him...

1670 + Easter [April 17, 1938]. During Mass, I thanked the Lord Jesus for having deigned to
redeem us and for having given us that greatest of all gifts; namely, His love in Holy Communion; that is, His very own Self. At that moment, I was drawn into the bosom of the Most Holy Trinity, and I was immersed in the love of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These moments are hard to describe.

No comments: