Mother St. Joseph (Francis Horne) was the second Abbess of the Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration in Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim, Ireland. as they were called then, but who are now part of the Poor Clare Order. On 25th March 1870 Perpetual Adoration began in the Monastery. Mother St. Joseph was a very saintly nun who also had inspirations from the Lord. Below are some of those inspirations from the Lord regarding the Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament in their Chapel. She went home to the Lord in 1879 on the Eve of Corpus Christi 11th June.
. that Our Divine Lord wished the Devotion to the Most Blessed Sacrament to be increased over the whole world; that we were to have Perpetual Adoration and Exposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament in our Convent Chapel; that we should be the Adorers to keep watch, hour by hour, day and night, before the Most Holy; that a high Tower should be built, and that the Bell should toll every hour, one, two, three; and that men's hearts should be touched thereby; that ladies would furnish the pecuniary aid necessary for the Perpetual Adoration which implied Exposition. She also told me that our Constitutions brought from
should be revised and sent to France . . . . Rome
Our Divine Lord also spoke about the Churches of Ireland -- that poverty prevented the Blessed Sacrament being reserved in the Tabernacle [in many cases]; but He wished His priests to be zealous for the adornment of the Sanctuary, and that they would thus minister to Him personally. No heed should be paid to those who murmured against what they would term 'this waste,' as the Pharisees had murmured that the price of the precious ointment was not given to the poor -- adding that the multitude see and compassionate the wants of the Poor, but the enlightened soul of the consecrated spouse best discovers the needs of her Lord!
Our Divine Lord again made known to our dear Mother St. Joseph that great blessings would descend upon our country through means of Devotion to the Most Blessed Sacrament -- that external demonstrations and the decoration of Churches honoured Him, and that even regal honours should be paid Him as a King upon His Throne in the Sacrament of His Love; . . . that the Jews would be converted and acknowledge Our Lord in the Most Blessed Sacrament to be their King and their God.
The pictures above are of the Monastery as it was and in 1964 the Old Chapel (above in black and white) had to be demolished and the new Chapel was Consecrated in 1966 (colour picture).