Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stations of the Cross IV - VI - Diary of St. Faustina

IV STATION: Jesus meets His Mother.

Jesus to Saint Faustina:  Although all the work that came into being by My will are exposed to great sufferings, consider whether any of them has been subject to greater difficulties than that work which is directly Mine – The work of Redemption. You should not worry too much about adversities. (1643).

Saint Faustina: I saw the Blessed Mother (…), she came close to me (…) and said these words: Be courageous. Do not fear apparent obstacles, but fix your gaze upon the Passion of My Son, and in this way you will be victorious. (449).

Mary, Mother of Mercy, be always with me, especially in suffering, in the same way that you were present in your Son’s way of the Cross.


V STATION: Simon Cyrene helps Jesus carry the Cross.

Jesus to Saint Faustina:  I permit these adversities in order to increase his merit. I do not reward for good results but for the patience and hardship undergone for My sake. (86).


Saint Faustina: Oh, my Jesus, you do not give a reward for the successful performance of a work, but for the good will and the labor undertaken. Therefore, I am completely at peace, even if all my undertakings and efforts should be thwarted or should come to naught. If I do all that is in my power, the rest is not my business. (952).

Jesus, that each thought, each word, each activity may be done only for love of you. Purify my intentions.


VI STATION: Veronica wipes the face of Jesus.

Jesus to Saint Faustina:  Know that whatever good you do for any soul, i accept it as if you had done it to Me. (1768).


Saint Faustina: I am learning how to be good from Jesus, from Him who is goodness itself, so that I might be called a daughter of the heavenly Father. (669). Great love can change small things into great ones, and it is only love which lends value to our actions. (303).

Lord Jesus. My Master, make my eyes, my hands, my mouth, my heart… merciful. Transform me into your Mercy.

No comments: