Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stations of the Cross - VII - IX - Diary of St. Faustina

VII STATION: Jesus falls for the second time.

Jesus to Saint Faustina:  The cause of your falls is that you rely too much upon yourself and too Little on Me. (1488). You must know that on your own, you can’t do nothing. (639). You are not even capable of receiving my graces without my help. (738).

Saint Faustina: Jesus, do not leave me alone (..). You know, Lord, how weak I am. I am an abyss of wretchedness; I am nothingness itself; so what will be so strange if You leave me alone and I fall (1489). So You, Jesus, must stand by me constantly like a mother by a helpless child – and even more so. (264).

May I lean on your grace, Lord, so that I may not fall continuously on the same errors: and if I fall, help me rise and glorify your Mercy.


VIII STATION: Jesus consoles the women of Jerusalem.

Jesus to Saint Faustina:  Oh, how pleasing to Me is a living faith! (1420). I desire that you would all have more faith at the present time (352).

Saint Faustina: I fervently beg the Lord to strengthen my faith, so that in my drab, everyday life I will not be guided by human dispositions, but by those of the spirit. Oh, how everything drags man towards the earth! But lively faith maintains the soul in the highest regions and assigns self-love it’s proper place, that is to say, the lowest one. (210).

Merciful Lord, thank you for Holy Baptism and the grace of faith. I call you again. Lord, I believe, increase my faith!


IX STATION: Jesus falls for the third time.

Jesus to Saint Faustina: Know that the greatest obstacle to holiness are discouragement and an exaggerated anxiety. This will deprive you of the ability to practice virtue ( ...). I am always willing to forgive you. Every time you ask for it, you glorify my Mercy (1488).

Saint Faustina: Oh My Jesus, in spite of your graces. I see and feel all my misery. I begin my day with a battle and end it with a battle. As soon as I conquer one obstacle, ten more appear to take its place. But I am not worried, because I know that this is the time of struggle, not peace. (606

Merciful Lord, I give you everything that is my exclusive property, that is, sin and human frailty. I beg you, that my misery may be drowned in your unfathomable Mercy.